For 25 years, Tricia Van Roekel has been selling real estate in the Iowa City area. She and her husband, Eric, an engineer with Procter and Gamble, are native Iowans. Tricia graduated from Iowa State University and moved to Iowa City to raise a family. Over the years, Eric and Tricia built three new construction homes and remodeled a home which has given Tricia a unique insight into homeownership and allowed her to experience different neighborhoods in the city! Tricia and Eric have a daughter, Hannah and a son both in college at the University of Iowa so they cheer for both the Cyclones and the Hawks!
Tricia is active on the board of directors at the Iowa City Area Association of REALTORS®, the United Way Campaign, and the Go Red for Women Heart Association. Tricia volunteers with the PSTO and at Parkview Church where she is involved on the building committee, deaconess board and in a community group. If she is not working or volunteering, she is often at a U of I sporting event, walking in her neighborhood or taking a family vacation somewhere on a beach.
Tricia thoroughly enjoys selling real estate and works hard to help navigate her clients through the buying and selling process. Tricia’s energy, commitment to service, and professional expertise are appreciated by her many satisfied clients, many of whom have become friends!
Fun Facts About Tricia Van Roekel
- A Little Bit Urban or a Little Bit Acres? My roots are a little bit acres – I grew up next to a cornfield in small town Iowa, but have lived in urban Iowa City for 24 years. However, last year we just bought a home on two acres so I am both!
- Favorite Book: Whatever my book club (wine club) is reading this month
- Favorite Food: Anything with chocolate in the title
- Favorite Movie: When Harry met Sally
- Favorite Landmark: Wilson’s Apple Orchard – a family fave
- Favorite Sports Team: I definitely cheer for the Hawks, but I do love my Cyclones too
- Favorite Iowa Fact: The capitol of Iowa was in Iowa City and moved to Des Moines in 1855
- Favorite Childhood Toy: Easy Bake Oven
- Favorite Musician: The Newsboys
- Favorite Color: Orange is my new fave
- One Thing About You No One Would Guess: I am a PK (pastor’s kid). My dad was a pastor in a small town. I know you’re thinking Footloose, but I actually stayed out of trouble most of the time!