In 2001, Tia Perez graduated from the University of Iowa’s Henry B. Tippe College of Business with a degree in marketing. She started working as a REALTOR® that same year and knew right away she had found her path, helping clients find homes and transition through life. She’s also proud to offer certified staging services and negotiation advice to each client. Outside of real estate, Tia spends time with her husband (Blaine), two daughters (Everly and Josie), and her original furry baby (Nola). She enjoys Hawkeye sports (especially football), yoga, kickboxing, travel, and wine tasting. Finally, and most importantly, Tia enjoys giving back to the community and is active in several charities. She is most passionate about the University of Iowa Children’s Hospital and is the marketing director for the Iowa Ladies Football Academy, an annual fundraising event that directly benefits UI Children’s Hospital.
Fun Facts About Tia Perez
- Describe Yourself: Realtor, Mother, Wife, Sister, Daughter, and Friend. A strong-minded, strong-willed woman who loves to laugh and is an excellent listener and trusted adviser who cares about every person and every outcome
- One Thing About You No One Would Guess: I once owned a red and white Suzuki Marauder, 800 cc, touring bike. I miss it, but motherhood changes your priorities.
- Favorite Food: I have a strong sweet tooth. I love the local cupcakeries…Scratch, Molly’s, etc.
- Favorite Movies: Blazing Saddles, Dirty Dancing, Rocky Horror Picture Show, Christmas Vacation, Sixteen Candles, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers
- Favorite Sports Team: Iowa Hawkeyes
- Favorite Local Landmark: Harvest Preserve
- Favorite Musicians: Dave Matthews, Pearl Jam, Prince, Red Hot Chili Peppers
- Favorite Books: To Kill a Mocking Bird, The Four Agreements, Man’s Search for Meaning, anything Dr. Seuss or Shel Silverstein
- Favorite Childhood Toy: A Cabbage Patch Doll named Ellen. I wanted one so bad that Mom and I counted all the pennies in my piggy bank and concluded I had enough to buy one (NO WAY, but that’s why I love my mom). She and my brother surprised me with Ellen just a few days later
- Favorite Iowa Fact: That we all wave at each other. I love when out-of-town clients ask if I know everyone in town as we drive through neighborhoods.
- Favorite Color: Red
- A Little Bit Urban or a Little Bit Acres? I’ve never ridden a horse, but I’ve owned a motorcycle…so probably a little urban.