Polly Riggan is a native resident of Coralville, and grew up in the construction industry. Her father, Bill Halvorsen, now retired, was a general contractor of residential building in the Iowa City/Coralville and surrounding areas. Polly works as a residential real estate sales agent and also works as a project manager for Mike Roberts Construction. Over the past 24 years she has been involved in new constructed custom home builds and also part of the land development of several residential neighborhoods such as:
- Twelve Oaks Condominiums 1994-1996
- Timber Hills Condominiums1996-1998
- Penn Prairie Townhomes Condominiums 1999-2006
- Broadmoor Estates Development 1999-2013
- Creekside Commons Condominiums 2007-2013
- Aspen Ridge Development 2007-Present
- Woodfield Ridge Development 2007-Present
Before real estate sales and developments, Polly graduated from Iowa City West High School, attended 2 years at Kirkwood Community College in Computer Science, was employed by the University Of Iowa Hospital & Clinics in Pediatrics, worked in Administration for Home Life Health Services, and was one of the original owners of Love-A-Lot Childcare Center. Polly’s lifelong work has always been in the service of helping others. Whether you are looking for an existing home, wanting to build a custom home or ready to sell your home, Polly is your connection and ready to go to work for you.
Fun Facts About Polly Riggan
- Are You a Little Bit Urban or a Little Bit Acres? Both – I love the excitement of the city but cherish the peaceful nature of the country.
- Favorite Book: The Bible
- Favorite Food: Sirloin Steak – Medium
- Favorite Movie: The Replacement with Keanu Reeves
- Favorite Local Landmark: Kinnick Stadium
- Favorite Sports Team: Hawkeye Football & Chicago Cubs
- Favorite Iowa Fact: Our nickname is the “Hawkeye State”
- Favorite Childhood Toy: Thumbelina Doll & the great outdoors – you couldn’t keep me inside!
- Favorite Musician: Dave Matthews & John Mayer
- Favorite Color: Red
- One Thing About You No One Would Guess: I love to explore the city of Chicago when time allows (which hasn’t been much these past 8 years). There’s so much excitement, so much to do and see.