Polly Riggan is a native resident of Coralville, and grew up in the construction industry. Her father, Bill Halvorsen, now retired, was a general contractor of residential building in the Iowa City/Coralville and surrounding areas. Polly works as a residential real estate sales agent, a project manager for Mike Roberts Construction and is also a builder herself! Over the past 28 years she has been involved in new constructed custom home builds and also part of the land development of several residential neighborhoods such as:
- Twelve Oaks Condominiums 1994-1996
- Timber Hills Condominiums1996-1998
- Penn Prairie Townhomes Condominiums 1999-2006
- Broadmoor Estates Development 1999-2013
- Creekside Commons Condominiums 2007-2013
- Aspen Ridge Development 2007-2018
- Woodfield Ridge Development 2007-Present
Before real estate sales and developments, Polly graduated from Iowa City West High School, attended 2 years at Kirkwood Community College in Computer Science, was employed by the University Of Iowa Hospital & Clinics in Pediatrics, worked in Administration for Home Life Health Services, and was one of the original owners of Love-A-Lot Childcare Center. Polly’s lifelong work has always been in the service of helping others. Whether you are looking for an existing home, wanting to build a custom home or ready to sell your home, Polly is your connection and ready to go to work for you.
Fun Facts About Polly Riggan
- Are You a Little Bit Urban or a Little Bit Acres? Both – I love the excitement of the city but cherish the peaceful nature of the country.
- Favorite Book: The Bible
- Favorite Food: Sirloin Steak – Medium
- Favorite Movie: The Replacement with Keanu Reeves
- Favorite Local Landmark: Kinnick Stadium
- Favorite Sports Team: Hawkeye Football & Chicago Cubs
- Favorite Iowa Fact: Our nickname is the “Hawkeye State”
- Favorite Childhood Toy: Thumbelina Doll & the great outdoors – you couldn’t keep me inside!
- Favorite Musician: Dave Matthews & John Mayer
- Favorite Color: Red
- One Thing About You No One Would Guess: I love to explore the city of Chicago when time allows (which hasn’t been much these past 8 years). There’s so much excitement, so much to do and see.