Phil O’Brien has a mantra: “Every project is different. Every client is unique.” That’s one of the things he loves about being a REALTOR®. After graduating from the University of Iowa, Phil earned his license in 2007. He’s developed a comprehensive range of knowledge and experience in the residential and commercial sectors. Today, he and his wife, Jenny, live in Iowa City and are deeply involved in the community. Jenny works for Systems Unlimited, a local non-profit agency that serves people with disabilities and similar service needs. In his spare time, Phil assists Systems Unlimited with housing needs and volunteers with the Johnson County Housing Trust Fund, an organization that promotes and supports affordable housing in Johnson County. When he’s not working with clients, Phil, a self described gear head, enjoys tinkering with anything that has an engine. He also enjoys traveling, working on projects around the house, and hanging out with his pets.
Fun Facts About Phil O’Brien
- A Little Bit Urban or a Little Bit Acres? Urban wanting to be acre
- Favorite Book: Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy – all 5 books
- Favorite Food: Snacks
- Favorite Movie: Matrix and so many more…
- Favorite Local landmark: University of Iowa Hospital Towers
- Favorite Sports team: The Bears, without Cutler
- Favorite Iowa fact: Riverside, IA, is the future birthplace of Captain Kirk. FACT!
- Favorite Childhood toy: Legos
- Favorite Color: Blue
- One Thing About You No One Would Guess: I enjoy going to movies by myself, and I want to be a race car driver when I retire
- Describe Yourself: I am by far and without a doubt the MOST humble person you will ever meet, EVER, AND incredibly modest. All joking aside, I am a loyal person who tries to keep everything in perspective. Life is about balance, and I remind myself of that everyday.