One of the reasons Natasha Wendt enjoys real estate is it gives her the opportunity to meet so many people with interests and occupations as diverse as her own. Natasha earned her BA in Comparative Religion from Smith College, her MA in Medical Humanities from Michigan State, and is a Certified Residential Specialist, an Accredited Buyer Representative, and a Certified New Home Sales Professional. She enjoys traveling, reading, entertaining, and is working on understanding football. A native of Iowa City, she takes pleasure in introducing new residents to the greater Iowa City community and its wonderful shops, venues, restaurants, services and organizations.
Natasha believes strongly in volunteering and has served on boards or donated her time to Riverside Theatre, Miracles in Motion therapeutic horseback riding program, Emma Goldman Clinic for Women, the Iowa Women’s Foundation, Lemme Elementary PTA, and belongs to the Rotary Club of Iowa City Downtown. She also supports KCCK 88.3, the area’s phenomenal jazz radio station. Natasha is a mom and stepmom, and has three adopted kitties, Sassy, Chance, and Dave Growl, whom she and her husband, Christoph, adore.
Fun Facts About Natasha Wendt
- Describe Yourself: Gregarious, curious, friendly and intelligent (most days) and sometimes even manage to be funny. I take great care to give the people in my life – family, friends, clients, etc – the best I can. I try to be a good human. I’m a hard worker, but I love to play too.
- Are You a Little Bit Urban or a Little Bit Acres? I guess I’m a little more urban.
- Favorite Book? I love to read! I have a soft spot for many of Robin McKinley’s books, have read Pride & Prejudice more times than I can count, and enjoy lots of modern fiction. For fun, I love Carl Hiaasen and John Sanford’s Virgil Flowers series.
- Favorite Food? Cheese
- Favorite Movie? Ang Lee’s movies, Strictly Ballroom, Monty Python, The Princess Bride, etc.
- Favorite Local Landmark? Iowa City Farmer’s Market
- Favorite Iowa Fact? The butter cow at the Iowa State Fair is made out of the same butter that’s been used in years past. Way to recycle, Iowa!
- Favorite Childhood Toy? Model horses! I had (and still have, in a box somewhere) more than 150 of them.
- Favorite Musician? My top four “rock” bands are The Police, Pink Floyd, Sade & David Bowie.
- Favorite Color? Sapphire blue and jewel tones of all sorts
- One Thing About You No One Would Guess? I met Richard Simmons in the Atlanta airport.