Karen Peterson grew up seven miles west of Iowa City and is proud to be a “boomer!” Her great-great grandfather Wolfgang Rohret helped build the Old Capitol building. A real estate agent since 1989, Karen comes from a large, close-knit family. Today, her son, Jason, is her partner in real estate. Together, they share a strong work ethic and strive to provide their clients with service that goes above and beyond. Karen sees each new day and transaction as an adventure—an opportunity to meet new people from around the world, encounter new situations, and help to meet the needs of each and every client.
Today, Karen lives in northeast Iowa City with her husband Al. They have two grown sons, Jason and Jeff, and four wonderful grandchildren. In her spare time, Karen enjoys traveling, cooking, reading, yard work, camping, boating, golf, spending time with her family—and babysitting her grandpup, Max. She is a member of St. Mary’s Catholic Church in Iowa City, a past Ambassador for the Iowa City Chamber of Commerce, member of the 100+ Women Who Care Hawkeye Chapter, and involved in various other community and neighborhood groups and organizations. She’s also a member of the Iowa City Area Association of Realtors and served on the Board of Directors of the Iowa City Area Association of Realtors.
Fun Facts About Karen Peterson
- Describe Yourself: Upbeat, happy, and hardworking: When I work with you, I don’t just sell real estate. I sell you on our community and on the many connections I have established throughout my life that will help make your home buying experience successful.
- One Thing About You No One Would Guess: That I’m not an only child. 🙂
- Favorite Food: Seafood, Lobster
- Favorite Movie: Gone with the Wind
- Favorite Landmark: Coralville Lake, Sugar Bottom, Kent Park
- Favorite Musician: Eagles
- Favorite Color: Orange
- Favorite Book: Memoirs of a Geisha, Gone Girl
- Favorite Childhood Toy: Red telephone
- A Little Bit Urban or a Little Bit Acres? I’m both, but growing up on the farm was awesome!