Jason Peterson grew up in and around the Iowa City area with a mother who worked in real estate, and a large, extended family of creative and hardworking people. Jason earned his real estate license in 2002 after going to school in architectural drafting and construction management and technology. Today, he works with his mother, Karen, who is also an agent at Urban Acres. Jason lives in North Liberty with his wife, Katie, and their two sons, Van and Ethan. In his spare time, Jason enjoys distance cycling, golfing, camping, grilling, woodwork, drawing, and time with friends and family. He also owns one of the few true design and building firms in the area, Stillwater Homes, which specializes in residential and light commercial design and construction.
Fun Facts About Jason Peterson
- Are You a Little Bit Urban or a Little Bit Acres? I’m a bit of both. I grew up in North Liberty and Iowa City, but have family and friends I have always spent time with in the surrounding farming communities.
- Favorite Books: Greene & Greene Masterworks by Bruce Smith and Alexander Vertikoff and No Place Like Home by Stephan Saint-Onge
- Favorite Food: Taco John’s
- Favorite Movie: Bull Durham and National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation
- Favorite Local landmark: Pagliai’s Pizza
- Favorite Sports team: Hawkeyes
- Favorite Childhood toy: My bicycle
- Favorite Musician: Dave Matthews
- Favorite Color: Highland Green
- One Thing About You No One Would Guess: I don’t run. If you see me running you should run too because something is probably chasing me.
- Describe Yourself: I am a father, a husband, a son and a loyal friend. I try everyday to be the best at each of these that I can be.