From a young age I understood the value of a home. I was always determined to “save” vacant, poorly maintained homes from their slide into history. Restoring dignity and joy to the home and those who could live there was my heartfelt goal. Homes have always been more than lumber and screws to me.
Being a Realtor allows me the opportunity to match people to their perfect home, bringing about that wonderful joy and dignity that goes with home ownership. As your Realtor I will guide you smoothly through the home buying and selling process, educating you along the way. I am happy to share my 20+ years of real estate experience in the Iowa City/Cedar Rapids area. I came to the area to work on my Masters in Public Affairs (City Management)/Law, fell in love with the people and their commitment to community, and became a Hawkeye for life. I enjoy the community involvement in gardening, eco-landscaping, and green home design. I am always searching for efficient ways to renew and change these elements of a property.
If you are thinking about new construction, the home-building process is second nature to me growing up in a construction family, so I am happy to help! I recently managed the building of a home for my family incorporating green principles of energy efficiency, low VOC materials, and minimum maintenance.
In all of these areas I continue to learn and grow. As your Realtor, I am committed to continuing my education so my knowledge and experience can work for you. Call or email me today to get started!
Fun Facts About Jane Axt
- Are You a Little Bit Urban or a Little Bit Acres? I am definitely a bit of both!
- Favorite book: Anything by Ralph Waldo Emerson. It’s all valuable.
- Favorite food: Sushi – all kinds, even my homemade rolls
- Favorite movie: Joe Dirt – love the quotables such as “space peanut,” “that’ll buff out,” “it’s not what you want, it’s the consumer!,” “life’s a garden, dig it!,” “nothin’ weird happened, nothing,'” and the great “well, not here, Kansas.”
- Favorite local landmark: Peking Buffet. It was great to see that corner fill in after the 2008 flood. Plus, its centrally located – you can give directions to anywhere from there and they have sushi!
- Favorite sports team: I don’t play favorites. I appreciate all athletic efforts! Go teams!!
- Favorite Iowa fact? A neighbor doesn’t just mean someone who occupies the space next door. It means: friend, advisor, guardian, trustee… and maybe occasionally, cook, gardener, chauffeur. People see it as a responsibility; not a proximity.
- Favorite childhood toy: Charlie, this very long Pippy Longstocking-looking doll that was filled with sand. I loved the way it felt. My family always tried to hide it because it leaked at the seams. They all thought that little Charlie sand went a long way in their beds!
- Favorite Musician: VanHalen, not VanHagar (See?! ‘Joe Dirt’ quotable!!)
- Favorite Color? Red
- One Thing About You No One Would Guess? I found a mint condition red 1975 MG Midget Special convertible – 75th Anniversary Limited Edition, in high school. Very tiny. I could literally push it off of a snow bank. I spent the remainder of high school and first few years of college seeing where it could fit. Plenty of room to spare on the Waterloo 4th Avenue pedestrian bridge, under a semi trailer, UNI student union roof…you get the idea!
- Describe Yourself: Mom. Realtor. Student. Gardener. I love to laugh. I like to problem solve. I try to be a good steward of our environment. I enjoy case law and use it in nearly all situations (forgive me!).