Real estate is Jan Crosby’s passion and she prefers to think of herself as a counselor/teacher rather than a salesperson. Jan, and her husband, Greg, moved to Iowa City in 2002 as part of a corporate relocation process. Four years later, when they had an option to move again, they elected to stay in Iowa City, put down roots, and raise their son, Josh. Jan grew up in central Missouri, earned her bachelor’s degree in business administration and an MBA, and moved to Kansas City in the late 80s where she met her husband. In the early years of her career, she worked in the healthcare field and was involved in many facets of product development and project management. In 2007 she earned her real estate license. Jan loves interacting with older adults and worked in the geriatric community for a number of years. Today, her hobbies include gardening, enjoying Josh’s baseball games, and interior decorating. She is also involved with Parkview Church, 100+ women, and The Crisis Center.
Fun Facts About Jan Crosby
- Are You a Little Bit Urban or a Little Bit Acres? Maybe more Urban but grew up on an acreage that my parents still own.
- Favorite Book? Matheny Manifesto by Michael Matheny
- Favorite Food? Chocolate, my favorite food group
- Favorite Movie? The Sound of Music
- Favorite Local Landmark? The Pentacrest
- Favorite Sports Team? The KC Royals or St. Louis Cardinals
- Favorite Iowa Fact? Iowa is the only state whose east and west borders are 100% formed by water… The Missouri and Mississippi rivers.
- Favorite Childhood Toy? Big Maggie, my tricycle
- Favorite Musician? Luke Bryan
- Favorite Color? Red
- One Thing About You No One Would Guess: I play the piano and am blessed to have my aunt’s baby grand piano.